Volunteer with Avalon
The Volunteers are the foundation of the Avalon Centre. Their dedication, commitment and support ensures that the mission of meeting unmet needs is fulfilled.
Volunteer your time and skills
There are many roles undertaken by volunteers; sorting clothes, office administration, marketing, driving the bus, social interaction at the Drop-in, distributing clothes to the homeless, gardening, maintenance and much more.
Volunteers range from 3 years to 92 years. Volunteers may attend 1h hour a month to 3-4 days a week.
Any amount of time contributed is valued.
|MONDAY||The Avalon Drop-In (Weekly 9am-4pm)|
|TUESDAY||Day Trip with Avalon (Weekly 9am-4pm)|
|WEDNESDAY||Clothing & Bedding Distribution * (Fortnightly 5pm-8pm)|
|THURSDAY||Clothes Sorting & Packing of Van (Weekly 9.30am–4pm)|
|FRIDAY||Clothing & Bedding Distribution * (By appointment)|
|SATURDAY||Avalon Homes for the Homeless Maintenance (At varying times)|
|SUNDAY||Clothing & Bedding Distribution * (Fortnightly 5pm-8pm)|
* Dates and events subject to change. Please contact us and call on (03) 9569 2240 for further information.
Express your interest in Volunteering
Support in other ways
Anything you can do to help, no matter how small will make such a big difference
Join the Avalon Community and Spread the word
Know an interested sponsor?
Follow us on social media
Share with your family and friends so we build up a community. Talk about the unique things we do to friends and family, contacts you have in the media, with your kids and the teachers of your children.
Every dollar raised brings us closer to helping those in need and providing more Avalon Homes for the Homeless. Fundraising events are a great way to obtain donations in a fun way. A number of people have held morning teas, sold soup at lunchtime and had fundraisers at schools. or
Keen to do something to help but needs some Fundraising ideas:
- Host a dinner and ask people to pay what they would pay if they ate out
- Morning Tea, Afternoon Tea
- Take soup, cakes or scones etc to work and ask for a donation
- Organise a bike ride with your friends and “charge” a donation entry fee
- School age kids – ask the teacher if the Avalon Centre can be one of the social responsibility organisations or ask if you talk about homelessness at the school assembly and put something in the school news
- School age kids – Bad Hair, Weird Hair Day
- Casual dress days or Fancy dress days
- Seek donations and hold a raffle of the donated items
- BBQ or Cake stall
- Sports events with a donation entry fee
- Ask people to give you something they no longer need and sell it on Facebook Marketplace or eBay
- An event – a speaker event, a debate, a comedy show
- Collect 5 cent pieces
Please contact us if you require any marketing material to conduct a Fundraiser to raise money for the Avalon Centre and our various programmes.
Once you have planned your Fundraiser, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate what the Fundraiser is and the date it will be held. Please remember to take some photos of your fundraiser and tag Avalon if you post on Facebook or send us the photos via email.